SCU Health announces half-off Ayurveda therapy services, Dec. 5-7, 2022
WHITTIER, CA. – (Nov. 30, 2022) — Southern Californians can receive free consultations and half-priced Ayurveda therapy services during an upcoming SCU Health promotional event from Monday, Dec. 5 – Wednesday, Dec. 7, in Whittier.
Ayurveda healthcare providers use herbs, diet, lifestyle recommendations, specialized Ayurveda therapies, and yoga to help patients re-establish harmony and achieve greater happiness, health, and balance. SCU Health’s Ayurveda practitioners bring over 50 years of collective experience supporting patients on their journey to achieve optimal health with personalized therapy plans.
“Ayurveda is one of the oldest traditional medical systems delivering personalized healthcare. This science of healing advocates for pursuing physical, mental, and spiritual well-being through various lifestyle practices, dietary choices, positive behavior, and a conscious-based approach to living’, said SCU Health Ayurveda Medicine Program Director, Anupama Kizhakkeveettil, BAMS, MAOM, L.Ac, FAIHM, C-IAYT, Ph.D.
Consultations are available for potential future patients interested in better understanding Ayurvedic medicine, and those who are seeking health benefits such as boosting immunity, rejuvenating the body, enhancing the strength of the body to alleviate pain, anxiety, insomnia, and more. Patients may visit scuhealth.org/services/ayurvedic-medicine for a list of benefits and relief.
Half-price Ayurveda services that will be available from Dec. 5-7, will include:
Abhyanga: (body massage) a relaxing full-body herbal oil application using smooth gentle strokes. Numerous benefits include relaxing muscles, improved circulation, skin cleansing, and improved sleeping, digestion, and vigor. Regular price: 90.00. Sale price: $45.00.
- Janu Basti: (knee therapy) warm herbal oil is applied to rejuvenate and strengthen the knee joint while helping to combat joint pain and improve mobility. Regular price: $70.00. Sale price: $35.00.
- Kati Basti: (back therapy) warm, therapeutic herbal oil is used to rejuvenate and strengthen the back. Regular price: $70.00 Sale price: $35.00.
- Nasya: (therapy to cleanse nasal passage) a therapeutic service that lubricates and cleanses the nasal passages with herbal oil to promote calmness and clarity of the mind. Regular price: $60.00. Sale price: $30.00.
- Shiro Abhyanga: (head massage) a soothing herbal oil is massaged into the head to rejuvenate the mind, improve quality of sleep, and promote physical and emotional balance. Regular price: $60.00. Sale price: $30.00.
- Shiro Dhara: (oil dripping over the head) a body and mind relaxing technique in which a continuous stream of warm herbal oil is poured over the head to rejuvenate the mind, improve quality of sleep, promote physical and emotional balance. Regular price: $90.00. Sale price: $45.00.
Space is limited. To book a free Ayurveda consultation, schedule a service, or for questions, email firstname.lastname@example.org, or call SCU Health, at (562) 943-7125. Patients may bring one additional person with to the consultation or therapy service, should they need someone with for assistance. Masks will be required as the University Health Center is a healthcare facility.
SCU Health is located on the campus of Southern California University of Health Sciences (SCU), at the University Health Center. The SCU campus address is 16200 Amber Valley Drive Whittier, CA 90604. Free parking is available in Parking Lot #1. A campus map is available for viewing.
For patients that benefit from the Dec. 5-7 Ayurveda promotional event and are interested in additional services, SCU Health offers a monthly Ayurveda Wellness Membership for $60.00/month. Membership benefits and services include:
- No membership startup cost
- A monthly Ayurvedic therapy with approval of clinicians
- One initial consultation or follow-up
- 15% discount on any additional Ayurvedic therapies
- Worry-free scheduling and flexible therapy times to accommodate busy schedules and needs
- One unused rollover therapy, per month, allowing patients to maximize member benefits when it’s most convenient
For additional details on the Ayurveda Wellness Membership, visit the online brochure.
SCU Health is a division of SCU, founded in 1911 with a mission to transform and redefine healthcare and healthcare education. SCU goes beyond treating symptoms. SCU Health multi-specialty teams seek to understand each person as a whole—their biology, psychology, sociology, and environment—to achieve better health and more fulfilling lives with fewer wasted healthcare dollars.
SCU Health consists of two facilities that reside on campus, allowing students to spend significant time in clinics learning from practicing professionals and real patients. SCU Health houses 36 private treatment rooms and 1,000 square feet of dedicated active care space that serves over 45,000 patients per year.
To learn more about SCU Health, visit scuhealth.org/, or call (562) 943-7125.