Instructor, Faculty, Clinician
Phone: (562) 475-5151
Eastern Medicine Department, SCU Health
BiographyPrior to pursuing acupuncture, she received her B.S. Biochemistry in the hopes of becoming a pharmacist. After working in retail pharmacy as a technician and deciding it was no longer the ideal career, Dr. Jenny Noborikawa, DACM, L.Ac graduated cum laude from Southern California University of Health Sciences in 2018 with a concentration in Healthy Aging. During her graduate studies she had the opportunity to study abroad in China and Taiwan, as well as participate in internships at the Oncology Institute of Hope, Healing, and Innovation, CHOC Orange and Cal State Fullerton. These opportunities helped her understand the potential of Chinese medicine to treat a wide variety of conditions and she is excited to continue to learn going forward. She is particularly interested in pediatrics and internal medicine as well as the application of Chinese medicine lifestyle practices (Yang Sheng). Aside from working as an acupuncturist, she is also a part-time faculty member and researcher at SCUHS and the current Secretary for the Integrative and Complementary Traditional Health Practices Section of the American Public Health Association.
- LAc.- Licensed Acupuncturist
- BLS - Basic Life Support (CPR for professional rescurers and healthcare providers)
Awards & Honors
- Service Award – APHA, ICTHP Section, 2019
- Student Poster Award – APHA, ICTHP Section, 2018
- San Hong Hwang Technique Award – SCUHS, 2018
- Student Affairs Award – SCUHS, 2018
- Vinjamury S., Hoover D., Noborikawa J. Integrative Management of Alopecia Areata with Acupuncture and Ayurveda: A Case Report. Meridians: The Journal of Acupuncture and Oriental Medicine. 2015.
- Hu S., Munoz F., Noborikawa J., Haan J., Scudiero L., Ha S. Carbon supported Pd-based bimetallic and trimetallic catalyst for formic acid electrochemical oxidation. Applied Catalysis B: Environmental. 2016 180 (), 758-765
- Noborikawa J., Lau J., Ta J., Hu S., Scudiero L., Derekhshan S., Ha S., Haan J. Palladium-Copper Electrocatalyst for Promotion of Oxidation of Formate, Ethanol, and 2 Propanol in Alkaline Media Electrochemica Acta, 137 (2014) 654-660.
- Noborikawa J., Vinjamury P., Hsiao L., Yu J. (2018, October). Study of Traditional Health Behaviors in Asian Americans – A Cross-Sectional Survey. Poster session presented at American Public Health Association Conference, San Diego, CA.
- Mir S., Vinjamury P., Noborikawa J. (2019, June). Characteristics of Patients Seeking Acupuncture at an Oncology Clinic in the Los Angeles Area. Poster session presented on behalf of Mir S. at the Society for Acupuncture Research Conference, Burlington, Vermont.
- Secretary – American Public Health Association, Integrative Complementary Traditional Health Practices Section