« All Events
SCU January 2022 PA White Coat Ceremony
January 20 @ 11:00 am - 12:00 pm
Southern California University of Health Sciences White Coat Ceremony for Master of Science Physician Assistant students
- Date: Thursday, Jan. 20, 2022 for MSPA students
- Location: SCU campus, at the “Tarmac” area, outdoors (this is the large area between the LRC, Clinic, gym and class buildings).
- Time: 11 a.m. Ceremony will last for about one hour.
- Students participating and who have completed the RSVP will be released from any clinic shifts or classes that conflict with the ceremony – and may need to make up attendance.
- Stream: The ceremony will be streamed via SCU social platforms – more info to come!
- Participants: all incoming SP22 MSPA clinical students and all current MSPA clinical students who had a virtual White Coat ceremony are invited to attend (just RSVP below!).
Health/safety check-in protocols:
* Please note that SCU must and will follow all the guidance and protocols required by the Los Angeles County of Public Health. So if any last-minute changes to this event are required to take place (including cancellation, change of dates or change in the protocols), we will inform you.
- Check-in starts at 9:30 a.m.
- Please arrive early to allow time to park and check-in. You can park at Parking Lot #1, via Amber Valley Drive, by the University Health Center (see map attached for more details).
- Check-in at screening tents will be located near UHC/LRC and in between Gym and T building.
- Anyone attending must check-in and present proof of full vaccination (14 days after completing final dose in series; booster not required) OR negative COVID test (PCR or rapid; completed within 72 hours of the event).
- Once checked in, participants will receive a special wristband, required for event participation
- Mask Policy Requirement: A face mask covering the nose and mouth must be worn throughout the entire duration of the event (even with the event being held outdoors). Please expect us to be strict with this requirement, as we MUST HAVE everyone comply in order to have the event happen.
- Only those who are exempted from wearing face masks due to a documented medical condition or a disability will need to wear an effective, non-restrictive alternative such as a face shield with a drape on the bottom — if their condition or disability permits. All questions related to exemptions from wearing a face mask due to a documented medical or disability, please contact Student Services at email@example.com
- No food is allowed at the location.
- Water bottles and necessary medical equipment are allowed.
- For ADA special seats please contact JosephEggleston@scuhs.edu