As we do our part in trying to flatten the curve, SCU Health, including the Tactical Sports Medicine Clinic, and OUCH! Urgent Care remains open amidst the COVID-19 outbreak. We are following strict health guidelines and have put in place the following new procedures to keep our patients safe:
- Telehealth visits are available for the following appointment types: urgent care, Ayurveda, Acupuncture, Chiropractic, and Spine Care.
- We will continue to prescribe, refill, and ship traditional Chinese and Ayurveda herbs as well as western nutritional supplements to your home.
- When presented with a new complaint or condition, patients may be scheduled for a face-to-face visit, if a telehealth consult is not sufficient. These visits will be pending a proper and thorough COVID-19 screening via phone/video call and again before entering our building.
- All patients with face-to-face appointments will be screened at an outdoor reception station in front of the Health Systems for temperature and signs of lower respiratory symptoms prior to entering the facility.
- All patients are asked to wear a mask during their visit. To limit contact, if you have your own mask please bring it with you, and please also bring your own pen to fill out any necessary forms and paperwork.
- All credit card payments (co-pays, deductibles, co-insurance) will be collected over the phone to limit face-to-face interactions.
- Our facility has also increased its cleaning and sanitization frequency to ensure a safer space for our patients.
Following current healthcare guidelines, no student will be involved in face-to-face patient care and we are temporarily suspending the following services:
- All face-to-face Ayurveda consultation and bodywork sessions
- All massage therapy appointments
In an effort to combat the current pandemic, we are now offering COVID-19 testing as a drive-thru service to guarantee limited contact between patients and healthcare providers. The test requires a nasal swab sample and will take only 10 seconds to perform. Results are available in 2-4 business days. Those who test positive for COVID-19 may seek treatment for their primary care doctor or follow up in the OUCH! Urgent Care clinic for treatment as soon as possible.
COVID-19 Testing will be offered on a first-come, first-served basis and will be available to those who qualify. Those who qualify to include:
- People with flu-like or other symptoms consistent with COVID-19
- People who need to be tested in order to return to work
- People older than 65 years of age
- Frontline healthcare workers
- People who suffer from a serious, chronic medical condition
- Those who have been in contact with other people who have confirmed or suspected cases of COVID-19
If you would like to be tested, please call us (562) 943-7125 or (844) OUCH-SCU to schedule a phone call or video prior to testing to determine the next steps. All testing will be performed at the SCU Health campus at 16200 Amber Valley Drive, Whittier, CA 90604.
If you are experiencing severe or life-threatening symptoms, please call 9-1-1.
Prior to every appointment or visit, we recommend that you call us at (562) 943-7125 or (844)-OUCH-SCU for the latest updates.