Introducing DNA Dan: A Genetics and Genomics Podcast, SCU’s first podcast.
The podcast is officially available to listen to on Apple podcast, Spotify, or wherever else you enjoy podcast listening.DNA Dan is a storytelling podcast hosted by Dr. Dan Handley, who serves as Director of the Master of Science in Human Genetics and Genomics degree program at Southern California University of Health Sciences.
As the host, Dan is excited to launch this podcast that will dive deep into the world of genetics, genomics, DNA, and the future of precision genomic medicine. The topics include health and ancestry genetic testing, forensic genetics, genetics, and mental health, common myths about genetics, and more. Dan will share his knowledge from his over 30 years of experience in the world of advanced genomics research and biotechnology. New episodes launch on Tuesdays, so be sure to subscribe to hear the latest.
Listen Here: https://dnadan.buzzsprout.com/
Dr. Handley’s Biography
Dr. Handley serves as Professor, Director of the Clinical and Translational Genome Research Institute (CTGRI), and Director of the Master of Science in Human Genetics and Genomics degree program at SCU. He also serves on the Board of Directors of Predictive Oncology, Inc. (NASDAQ: POAI) where he is chair of the Governance and Nomination Committee. Previously, he served as the Chief Scientific Officer of CTGRI in Florida and held a courtesy faculty appointment in the Department of Biological Sciences at Florida Gulf Coast University. He has served as the Chief Scientific Officer of Life-SEQ, LLC, a clinical genomic sequencing consulting company, as Chief Scientific Officer for Advanced Healthcare Technology Solutions, Inc., as a senior researcher at the Procter & Gamble Co., a senior administrator and laboratory manager at the David Geffen School of Medicine at UCLA, and as a founding technology innovator for the National Genetics Institute, in Los Angeles, California. He holds a B.A. in Biophysics from Johns Hopkins University, an M.S. in Logic and Computation from Carnegie Mellon University, a Ph.D. in Human Genetics from the University of Pittsburgh, and did his post-doctoral training at Magee-Womens Research Institute in advanced genomic technologies applied to fetal and maternal health.
- Quality MattersTM, Applying the QM Rubric (APPQMR)
- Quality MattersTM, Designing Your Online Course
- Quality MattersTM, Teaching Your Online Course
- CITI Biomedical AND Social and Behavioral Research Refresher Record ID 30156848.
- CITI Human Subjects Research – Biomedical Basic Record ID 24878670.
- CITI Health Information Privacy and Security (HIPS) for Clinical Investigators Record ID 24878689.
- CITI Institutional/Signatory Official: Human Subject Research Record ID 24878672.
- Certified Ingenuity Systems Biology Pathways Analyst
- LabVIEW Programming, Basic and Advanced.
- American Association for the Advancement of Science
- American College of Corporate Directors, Member
- American Society of Human Genetics, Member
- Clinical Research Society, Professional Member
- Online Learning Consortium
- Pharmacogenomics Research Network, Founding Member