7 Month Massage Therapy Certificate Program
SCU’s Massage Therapy program will help you begin a meaningful career as a certified and licensed* massage therapist in only seven months.
Massage therapy is an exciting, rewarding, and rapidly growing profession with opportunities in integrative health environments, spas, resorts, clinics, physician offices, client’s homes, and much more. Massage therapists reduce stress, relieve pain, heal injuries, and promote overall health and wellness for their clients.
SCU has developed partnerships with local employers to help build pathways to employment upon graduation – learn more.
With over 100 years of history and more than 20 years of regional accreditation, SCU prepares massage therapists for fulfilling careers in a reputable university and on-campus clinic setting.
Future Healthcare Workers Encouraged to Start Their Journey NowBe a part of the movement for a healthier future with SCU. Join our community and look forward to a healthier tomorrow. Upcoming Start Dates:
- June 9th, 2020
- July 14th, 2020
What is different?
- Through our new online orientation, students will get to learn more about SCU resources, meet their Massage Therapy program instructors, connect with their future classmates, and prepare to make the first step in becoming a successful SCU student.
- Classes are now being delivered to all students via a virtual, interactive online format. That means you attend courses during scheduled times with live instructors and classmates, just as if you were to drive to class. Virtual online classes provide interactive, group-based learning through Zoom and other platforms. Classes happen in real time, with required attendance. Students participate in group discussions with classmates and the instructor.
- The California Massage Therapy Council (CAMTC) has given SCU approval to start new students with interactive distance learning. We have modified our curriculum to focus initially on lecture-based courses and content which include CAMTC required courses: anatomy, physiology, and pathology. In addition SCU training focuses on helping students develop strong business skills tied to practice management, ethics, and professionalism.
- Once our physical campus reopens, SCU will provide details and directions to students about transitioning back to on-campus learning. The transition date will be communicated to students with weeks of lead time to help students navigate that change. We will be excited to return to campus, and assure you that all students will receive the necessary hands-on training and skill assessments expected as we support their progress towards graduation and work in their chosen career.
Still have questions?
- Get in touch with our admissions department: [email protected] or phone 877-424-7757.
What to Expect
- Your instructors will use a combination of Zoom and Canvas to deliver your classes, enable discussions, and make all aspects of learning happen remotely.
- You should be prepared to use these tools to connect with your instructors and other students.
- Since your course includes hands-on instruction, your faculty will let you know details.
- You will be contacted by your faculty directly about the details of your course. Please keep an eye on your SCU email and each Canvas course page. Each faculty member may manage their class slightly differently based on the course material to best support learning.
Attend your class in Zoom or through Canvas
Learn and manage class work in Canvas
Join in class discussions through Zoom chat or Canvas
Learn Multiple Massage Modalities Including
Affordable Program with Fast Results
SCU’s Massage Therapy program is very affordable at only $10,000 for the entire program.
This is a Title IV (federal) eligible program for students who meet federal aid eligibility requirements. Many additional financial aid and/or payment options are available as well. Contact the Office of Financial Aid at (562) 947-8755 x766 or email [email protected].
Exceptional Clinical Experiences
Learn from highly experienced faculty and receive hands-on training in the SCU Health Center. Learn to excel in a team based healthcare environment that has become the model of quality and efficiency in today’s healthcare delivery system. Patient-centered training, immersive coursework, expert faculty, and state-of-the-art facilities put students on the path helping others with a meaningful career from the spa, to the clinic, or your own individual practice.
Convenient Day Classes
Daytime classes are conveniently scheduled to enable students with children to be able to drop off and pick up while still being able to attend class. The schedule is:
- MON, TUES, WED, THURS: 9am – 3:30pm.
Convenient Night and Weekend ClassesAll classes are on nights and weekends, so you can advance your career without giving up other important commitments in your life. The class schedule is:
- MON, TUES, WED, THURS: 6pm – 10pm (4 Hours) and SAT: 9am – 5:30pm (8 Hours)
- Starts on September 8th, 2020.
Multiple Start Dates
With multiple start dates per year, you don’t have to wait to take the next steps. Students are encouraged to complete the application process right away to save your seat in the next cohort.
We are proud to have developed partnerships with local employers such as Massage Envy to help students with externships, interviews, and job opportunities upon completion of the program. Students may meet and interact with hiring representatives in classroom sessions, at SCU Open House and Campus Preview Days, and through Open House events at employer locations. These partnerships have helped many students to secure pathways to employment.
Prospective students may contact a Massage Envy Area Recruiter directly to discuss career opportunities by emailing [email protected].
Students may also contact SCU’s Office of Admissions to learn more about additional pathways to employment at (877) 434-7757.
A Reputable University and Comprehensive Massage Curriculum
With over 100 years of establishment and more than 20 years of regional accreditation, SCU prepares students with the highest level of knowledge and skill available while studying in a reputable university setting.
- Comprehensive hands-on training
- Clinical experience in the SCU Health Center
- MBLEx Test Preparation
- Everything you need to begin a meaningful and professional career in healthcare
Learn many skills, massage modalities, and techniques such as:
- Anatomy in the SCU Cadaver Lab
- Wellness and Health
- Business Management
- Ethics & Professionalism
- Clinical Experience in the on-campus SCU Health Center
- Swedish Massage
- Chair Massage
- Stone Massage
- Deep Tissue Massage
- Focused Techniques
The entire program is completed in 7 months with a convenient daytime, night and weekend course format.View full course listing with descriptions.
Massage Therapy Program Overview Video
Learn more details about SCU’s Massage Therapy program in this webinar recording led by the Program Director and a current student. This video dives deeper into each of the courses, describes how massage therapy helps clients’ live healthier and happier lives, and includes a massage demonstration.
Licensure and Accreditation
The Massage Therapy Certificate Program is approved by the California Massage Therapy Council (CAMTC) and SCU has over 20 years of regional accreditation through WASC Senior College and University Commission (WSCUC).
Graduates of this program are prepared to take the Massage & Bodywork Licensing Examination (MBLEx) governed by the Federation of State Massage Therapy Boards (FSMTB). The MBLEx is currently utilized for licensure in all regulated states, as well as the territories of Puerto Rico and the U.S. Virgin Islands.
– Patricia Johnson
– Eydie Bernor
Take the Next Step in Realizing Your Dream
*Tuition does not include books/supplies/fees. Tuition rates are subject to change and may not be reflected on this website or other SCU materials. Please contact us for the most updated information. For a complete listing of SCU fees, please refer to the academic academic catalog. Licensure is based on local and state jurisdiction. CAMTC only issues certifications, not licenses.