BS in Biological Sciences
It’s not too late to finish what you started! SCU’s BS in Biological Sciences is a completion program that provides the high-quality education you deserve in an accredited university with a convenient schedule and exceptional educational experience.
- Convenient Weekend Classes: All classes are on Friday nights and Saturdays. This flexible schedule allows you to continue to fulfill personal, family, and professional obligations while you finish your degree.
- Two-Year Completion: Six-trimester program that takes two years to complete. Once you begin, the finish line is already within reach.
- Multiple Start Dates Each Year: New cohorts begin every Fall in September and Spring in January.
- Personalized Experience: With an institutional student-to-faculty ratio of 11:1, SCU’s BSBS offers a personalized learning experience in a close-knit, family-like environment. You have the opportunity to ask questions, participate in engaging class discussions, get the most out of your many lab experiences, and get to know professors and other students in each of your classes.
- Focused Attention: Because this is SCU’s only Bachelor’s degree offering, faculty and administration prioritize each student and place a great deal of concentrated attention on this specific program, resulting in the most effective outcomes for graduates.
- Accelerated Results: Courses feature an accelerated, 5-weekend course curriculum designed to effectively deliver essential knowledge and skills in a short amount of time, while maintaining the highest academic standards. You will also have a guaranteed seat in every course needed to graduate, so you can make steady progress toward your goals, without any added frustrations.
- A Strong Network: Join a cohort of classmates and a community who will support your journey in the classroom and beyond. You will make genuine connections with the program staff and faculty while building life-long relationships with your peers.
- Excellence in Curricular Design: SCU’s distinguished professors are experienced in developing and teaching an accelerated format that is evidence-based, outcomes-focused, highly rigorous, and academic. Courses are designed to prepare students to immediately enter health professions and/or pursue graduate education for health professions.
There are so many things I love about this program! The level of scholarship and quality of learning cannot be matched in the classroom sessions or the labs. It is very valuable and unique that SCU exclusively specializes in biological sciences as the only bachelor’s degree offering. The Friday/Saturday format is convenient and effective too. In traditional programs, I would have to take 4-5 courses over one semester trying to juggle the courseload and recollect the material. But at SCU, it is set up so you can take one accelerated course at a time, really focus, and retain the information. I definitely recommend it!
– Gabby, BSBS Graduate
Watch Free Webinar
SCU presents an overview of our Bachelor of Science completion program in Biological Sciences with Dr. M. Reza Mirbolooki, Chair of the Department of Undergraduate Studies. This FREE webinar covers what to expect, program outlines, key features, and many other details that will be of great value to prospective students.Watch BS in Biological Sciences Overview Webinar
To be considered for acceptance, students must have 56 semester units of general education classes from an accredited university in addition to other prerequisites that are evaluated on a case-by-case basis once transcripts are submitted. Please contact the SCU Office of Admissions for more information about general, transfer, and international student requirements.
Upon completion of the BS in Biological Sciences program, a student will have taken 72 units at SCU (18 classes at 4 units each).
At SCU, we foster a unique inter-professional environment that breaks down the barriers between professional disciplines. You will study alongside a variety of students including future nurses, physicians, chiropractors, dentists, acupuncturists, and much more. By constantly learning from, with, and about each other, students develop a comprehensive understanding and a variety of perspectives that will last beyond the classroom.
Getting Started with 2 Easy Steps
2.Send transcripts and submit required documents to [email protected]. Space for each new cohort is limited, and it can take an unexpected amount of time to complete requirements so please do not wait.
*Tuition rate reflected above represents the fixed rate for a student entering during the 2018-2019 academic year. Tuition rates are subject to change and may not be reflected on this website or other SCU materials. Please contact us for the most updated information. For a complete listing of SCU fees, please refer to the academic catalog.