Ayurvedic Wellness Educator Certificate (Level I)SCU offers two different levels of certification. Upon completion of this 720-hour training, students will be able to practice self-healing and guide individuals and groups through educational seminars in addition to many other career opportunities. In the process, you’ll grow as a healer and empower others to lead healthier, happier lives. Assessment tools used by Ayurvedic Educators enable them to determine the individual’s body constitution and the balanced and unbalanced states of the doshas (natural energy), agni (digestive fire), dhatus (tissues), and malas (waste products) with traditional Indian medicine.
Summer StartSCU has yet to determine campus class details relating to the summer start. Confirmation of the learning plan and details will follow as soon as they can be determined. The University is basing its decision on official guidance from federal, state, and local officials: Los Angeles County risk level is in currently Widespread.
What to Expect?
- New students will experience orientation, connect with others, and prepare to make the first step to building a healthier future through our virtual orientation.
- New students will have a virtual orientation before the term starts, where they will receive more information about the program, expectations, and other important details.
Students Will Learn
- Ayurvedic Basic Principles I
- History of Ayurveda
- Ayurvedic Preventative Science
- Ayurvedic Nutrition
- Ayurvedic Pathology I
- Ayurvedic Herbology, & Pharmaceutics I
- Ayurvedic Rejuvenation I
- Ayurvedic Detoxification and Bodywork I
- Introduction to Ayurvedic Healing
- Yoga I
- Anatomy & Physiology I & II
- Supervised Clerkship in the SCU Health System
SCU’s Ayurveda Certificate Programs include coursework in many Ayurvedic therapies. Each therapy has unique benefits that will restore the balance to the body and mind to future patients. Some therapies include: Abhyanga, Shirodhara, Shiroabhyanga, Greeva Basti, Kati Basti, Janu Basti, Podi Kizhi, Pizhichil, Nasya Shashtika Shali Pinda Sweda (Rice therapy) and VirechanaLearn more about each of the above therapies. View Curriculum Summary and Course Descriptions
- After completing the Wellness Educator (first year only), graduates may work as Ayurvedic wellness educators, teach courses, host seminars, perform lifestyle consultations or one-on-one Ayurveda Wellness education sessions in integrative clinics, wellness centers, or as independent Ayurvedic consultants/educators.
- Guide patients on daily routines, home remedies, yoga, and meditation.
- Write and/or contribute to Ayurvedic and holistic publications and research studies.
- Develop or work in the consumer products industry for herbal medicine, cosmetics, and others.
- Work in or open your own wellness center, spa, resort.
- Ayurveda may be added to any current healthcare practice to enhance patient outcomes and satisfaction. Ask us about CE credit.
- Wellness Educator students are encouraged to continue to the second year of the program, “Ayurveda Practitioner Certificate”, which deepens understanding and allows graduates to practice Ayurveda in additional settings.
Download The E-Book, “Careers in Ayurveda: Creating Healthier and Happier Lives.”
Alumni Spotlight“I highly recommend the SCU Ayurveda program to anyone who wants to first and foremost improve their own health and overall wellbeing. The teachers are excellent- extremely experienced and enormously generous in their efforts to share their knowledge. They each brought their own individual wisdom to the course and this really enriched my learning experience. I loved this program so much that I traveled monthly from my home in Vancouver to attend class at SCUHS. The illumination of knowledge I received in this program has truly been life-changing.” Julie Bernier – Ayurveda Certificate Program Graduate
SCU is known for exceptional academics, research, and clinical outcomes among faculty, alumni, and students. The Ayurveda Certificate Program is evidence-based, outcomes-focused, highly rigorous, and academic.
Since 1911, SCU has been a leader in innovative curricular design, incorporating lectures and laboratories in addition to a significant amount of additional means of instruction. Ayurvedic students change lives and turn their passion into a profession through the combination of course design and clinical experience.
SCU provides immersive coursework, expert faculty, and state-of-the-art facilities to put students on the path to success. From the classroom to the clinic, SCU emphasizes patient-centered care and integrative medicine and health. No other setting offers this kind of holistic, multidisciplinary setting.
Admissions Requirements -High school transcripts or GED certificateView Curriculum Summary and Course Descriptions
At SCU, students find an unparalleled experience while learning to excel in a team-based healthcare environment that has become the model of quality and efficiency in today’s healthcare delivery systems.Campus Life:
Students find countless opportunities for involvement and leadership in a family-like environment. Faculty are easily accessible with a very low student-to-faculty ratio. With over 30 student groups, the Associated Student Body allows voices to be heard and interaction between students, faculty, and administration to take place in an ongoing and intentional way. Students are encourage to take advantage of the many campus events, seminars, continuing education, and other offerings that are organized regularly.Surroundings That Inspire:
Students enjoy a beautiful, 25-acre, tree-lined campus in one of the most breathtaking parts of Southern California, about 20 miles Southeast of Los Angeles on the border of Orange County. SCU’s location allows students to enjoy sunny Southern California year-round. Students enjoy a safe, quiet, suburban atmosphere with the advantages of being near a large city.Hands-On Training:
Our own highly recognized SCU Health System offers a superior clinical experience in an inter-professional environment. The on-campus SCU Health Center is a unique, university-based healthcare facility offering integrative care. This sets SCU apart and creates the highest level of evidence-informed, patient-centered care.
Ayurveda students work hands-on with patients taking history, performing examinations, observing, and assisting in various Ayurvedic therapies through a supervised clinical clerkship.
Realize Your Dream to Become a HealerTake the first step today. Find out how SCU can help you pursue your calling.
*Tuition rates are subject to change and may not be reflected on this website or other SCU materials. Please contact us for the most updated information. For a complete listing of SCU fees, please refer to the academic catalog.