Master of Science in Human Genetics & Genomics – Online
Dr. Daniel Handley
Program Director, Master of Science in Genetics & Genomics Department
Director, Clinical and Translational Genome Research Institute
Phone: (562) 947-8755 Ext. 533
- Completely online genetics and genomics master’s program – complete your degree from anywhere.
- Year-round courses enable the degree to be completed in only one year versus other programs that usually take two or more years to complete.
- 100% online learning provides schedule flexibility.
- Full-time and part-time options available.
- Curriculum emphasizes a broad array of topics from classical genetics to the latest in advanced genomics technologies.
- Virtual interactive office hours available.
- Accelerated pathway available for graduates of our Bachelor of Science in Health Sciences with a concentration in Human Genetics and Genomics, reducing the program length from 3 terms to 2 terms.
- Many employers will reimburse for tuition, check your employer’s policies.
Clinical & Translational Genome Research Institute (CTGRI)
Curriculum OverviewThe curriculum provides both breadth and depth of knowledge in genetics and genomics. There is also emphasis on practical skills, bioethics, and emerging technologies such as gene editing and gene therapies. Course topics include:
- In-depth anatomy of the human genome
- Population genetics and ancestry testing
- The human microbiome and infectious diseases
- Clinical uses of genetic testing procedures
- Practical online resources that are useful for both researchers and clinicians
- The latest and emerging genomics-related technologies, including diagnostics, gene-editing methods, and gene therapies
- Direct-to-consumer genetic testing
- Bioethics and legal issues surrounding genetic testing and gene editing
Take the Next Step in Realizing Your DreamOur enrollment process is quick and easy. The first next step is for you to fill out a short online application for admission, which usually takes 10-15 minutes. Students are encouraged to complete the application process right away to save a seat in the cohort of your choice. A representative from the Office of Admissions is available to answer any questions. Request more information or apply now to reserve your seat in the next cohort.
*Tuition rate reflected above represents the fixed rate for a student entering during the 2020-2021 academic year. Tuition rates are subject to change and may not be reflected on this website or other SCU materials. Please contact us for the most updated information. For a complete listing of SCU fees, please refer to the Tuition and Fees page.