Doctor of Chiropractic – Sports Medicine Honors Program
This program is for chiropractic students who are interested in a more rigorous and immersive sports medicine education. Sports Medicine Honors Program students complete all 34 exclusive courses. These courses are small, designed for cohorts of 15-25, and available only to Sports Medicine Honors Program Students.
Upon completion graduates receive a Doctor of Chiropractic – Sports Medicine Honors Program Diploma.
This program provides preparation for
- CCSP and DACBSP coursework
- Certified Strength and Conditioning Specialist Examination by the National Strength and Conditioning Association
- SCU’s Chiropractic Sports Medicine Residency
Eligibility requirements and selection
- 30 volunteer hours with the sports medicine department at SCU in terms 1-3.
- 4th term SCU DC student
- The following cumulative GPA for initial acceptance:
- 3.0 GPA with an undergraduate degree in a sports medicine related field
- 3.25 GPA without an undergraduate degree in a sports medicine related field
- Minimum GPAs above must be maintained throughout duration of the program.
Hybrid of online, classroom, sports medicine clinic, sideline experience, ACBSP certified sports physician private practices.
$150 per term lab fee
Primarily SCU Campus with some travel throughout Southern California.
- Application deadline: 3rd week of the 3rd term
- Interviews: 5th week of the 3rd term
- Notifications of acceptance: 7th week of the 3rd term
- Start date: week 1 of the 4th term
Process begins term 3 (no immediate action required for incoming new DC students).
1st-3rd term students: Send your completed application, letter of recommendation, cover letter defining Chiropractic Sports Medicine and how you see yourself integrating Sports Medicine into your career, current curriculum vitae; undergraduate and graduate transcript, and SCU Sports Medicine event participation hours to [email protected].