Master of Science: Physician Assistant Program
Master of Science: Physician Assistant Program
Become a highly trained clinical provider by enrolling in the Master of Science: Physician Assistant (MSPA) program at Southern California University of Health Sciences (SCU). This pioneering new program emphasizes a holistic approach, teaching students to use science and evidence-based research to provide patient-centered, integrative health care.Apply Now or call (562) 947-8755 x457 or email email@example.com
MSPA Program Mission
SCU’s Master of Science: Physician Assistant program will educate students to become skilled clinical providers for quality integrative healthcare teams. In today’s ever-changing healthcare system, our graduates will strive to provide premium healthcare to a diverse population and establish their place as innovative leaders in the delivery of healthcare.
Most Physician Assistant programs require a certain number of basic science prerequisites to be admitted. We offer over 15 accelerated science courses that may satisfy prerequisite requirements for any prospective student regardless of institution they choose to attend. These have been accepted as transfer credit by many PA programs for years. Click here to view all academic requirements.
General Goals of the MSPA
- Ensure a learning community where academic excellence in our program results in caring, competent MSPA practitioners.
- Educate graduates that will be recognized as unique, highly-trained, evidence-based, patient-focused, and successful integrative healthcare providers.
- Develop leaders to be thoughtful and compassionate individuals who promote healthy lifestyles and preventative medicine and influence their profession and the communities they serve.
- Provide a learning environment conducive and supportive of quality instruction, innovation, critical thinking and effective communication that encourages life-long professional development.
MSPA Program Vision
The graduates of SCU’s MSPA program will be recognized as unique, highly-trained, competent, caring, and successful integrative healthcare providers.
MSPA Program Guiding Principles
- Excellence: We strive to be the best in everything we do.
- Leadership: We develop leaders to be thoughtful and compassionate individuals who influence their professions and the communities they serve.
- Integrity: We value treating each other with respect, dignity and integrity and being truthful, fair and accountable at all times.
- Learning Effectiveness: We value providing a learning environment conducive and supportive of quality instruction, innovation, critical thinking, and effective communication that encourages life-long professional development.
- Evidence-based/Outcomes-focused: We value a culture of inquiry, assessment, research, and scholarship.
- Diversity: We embrace a diversity of ideas, beliefs, and cultures by providing a campus that is supportive, safe, and welcoming.
Innovative, Integrative Health Care for a Better World
SCU is the first university to offer a physician assistant program that fully immerses students in a multidisciplinary setting. MSPA students take core classes with other students pursuing a variety of healthcare careers — including future chiropractors and acupuncturists. This unique inter-professional environment empowers students to excel within integrative healthcare teams.
A Passion for Healing
SCU develops leaders to be thoughtful and compassionate practitioners who are qualified to provide high-quality care to a diverse population. By blending Eastern and Western medicine, the PA program helps students gain the essential skills and knowledge to treat the whole person.
A Fulfilling Career Path
In today’s ever-changing healthcare system, physician assistants are in high demand. With a strong educational foundation, you will be ready to launch a lifelong career with opportunities to practice in a variety of dynamic settings.
Rigorous Coursework, Exceptional Faculty
The physician assistant program consists of a 28-month course of study, featuring high-quality instruction and an environment conducive to innovation and critical thinking. At SCU, you will join a community of leaders and healers that are dedicated to advancing the future of health care.
SCU is regionally accredited by the WASC Senior College and University Commission (WSCUC), and the new MSPA program has also received WSCUC approval. The ARC-PA has granted Accreditation – Provisional status to the Master in Science: Physician Assistant program sponsored by Southern California University of Health Sciences. Accreditation-Provisional is an accreditation status granted when the plans and resource allocation, if fully implemented as planned, of a proposed program that has not yet enrolled students appear to demonstrate the program’s ability to meet the ARC-PA Standards or when a program holding Accreditation-Provisional status appears to demonstrate continued progress in complying with the Standards as it prepares for the graduation of the first class (cohort) of students. Accreditation-Provisional does not ensure any subsequent accreditation status. It is limited to no more than five years from matriculation of the first class.
Learn More About Physician Assistants
Keep Moving Forward
What are you waiting for? Apply today and start building a career in integrative medicine and health.Apply Now or call (562) 947-8755 x457 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
*Tuition rates are subject to change and may not be reflected on this website or other SCU materials. Please contact us for the most updated information. For a complete listing of SCU fees, please refer to the academic catalog.