The Accreditation Commission for Acupuncture and Oriental Medicine (ACAOM) granted accreditation to Southern California University of Health Sciences (SCUHS) professional doctorate program in English under applicable ACAOM standards effective 24 February 2018. Accreditation status and notes may be viewed at: http://acaom.org/directory-menu/directory/
ACAOM is the recognized accrediting agency for programs preparing acupuncture and Oriental medicine practitioners. ACAOM is located at 8941 Aztec Drive, Eden Prairie, Minnesota 55347; phone 952/212-2434; fax 952/657-7068; www.acaom.org
- SCU is regionally accredited by the WASC Senior College and University Commission (WSCUC), which is located at 985 Atlantic Avenue, Suite 100, Alameda, CA 94501, telephone: 510-748-9001.
Prerequisites for DACM* Program
- High school graduate (or equivalent)
- Completed at least three years (90 semester units or 150 quarter units) of education from a US accredited college or university (or international equivalent)
- Cumulative GPA of 3.0 on a 4.0 grade scale
- The 3 semester units each of Biology, Chemistry, Physics, and Psychology can be taken concurrently during first year of the program. Each class meeting this requirement must be passed with a minimum “C” grade and a cumulative grade of 2.75 on a 4.0 scale for all classes meeting this specific requirement. Courses must be completed prior to matriculation into the Doctor of Acupuncture and Chinese Medicine program at SCU.
- Completed Application/process
- Entrance Essay
- English competency