The Accreditation Commission for Acupuncture and Oriental Medicine (ACAOM) granted accreditation to Southern California University of Health Sciences (SCUHS) professional doctorate program in English under applicable ACAOM standards effective 24 February 2018. Accreditation status and notes may be viewed at: http://acaom.org/directory-menu/directory/
ACAOM is the recognized accrediting agency for programs preparing acupuncture and Oriental medicine practitioners. ACAOM is located at 8941 Aztec Drive, Eden Prairie, Minnesota 55347; phone 952/212-2434; fax 952/657-7068; www.acaom.org
- SCU is regionally accredited by the WASC Senior College and University Commission (WSCUC), which is located at 985 Atlantic Avenue, Suite 100, Alameda, CA 94501, telephone: 510-748-9001.
Prerequisites for the DACM Program
- Completed Application/Process
- Completed at least three years (90 semester units or 135 quarter units) of education from a US accredited college or university (or international equivalent)
- Cumulative GPA of 2.75 on a 4.0 grade scale
- Required 3 Semester Units: General Biology with a minimum passing grade of “C”.
- Personal Statement
- Two Letters of Recommendation
- English competency
- 3 Semester Units: Chemistry for Health Science
- 3 Semester Units: Physics
- 3 Semester Units: Psychology
These courses may be taken concurrently during the program. Each class must be passed with a minimum “C” grade and must be completed by the end of the second year of the Doctor of Acupuncture and Chinese Medicine program at SCU. Candidates who have completed co-requisites prior to matriculation may be assessed for advance standing.