Ayurvedic Wellness Educator Curriculum Summary
SCU Ayurvedic program is based on the guidelines of the World Health Organization Benchmarks for training in traditional/complementary and alternative medicine: benchmarks for training in Ayurveda.
During this one year program, students will learn basic principles of Ayurveda, Sanskrit, Ayurvedic history, Ayurvedic preventive science, yoga, Ayurvedic nutrition, Ayurvedic pathology, Ayurvedic herbology and pharmaceutics/home remedies, Ayurvedic detoxification methods and bodywork, Ayurvedic rejuvenation, and an introduction to Ayurvedic healing. Students also will receive a supervised clerkship in the SCU Health System.
- PROFESSIONALISM AND COMMUNICATION: The graduate will demonstrate integrity and respect for all, and communicate professionally.
- ASSESSMENT OF DOSHAS: The graduate will determine body and mind constitution and assess the imbalance in doshas based on Ayurvedic principles.
- AYURVEDIC HISTORY AND PHILOSOPHIES: The graduate will able to describe history, Philosophy and basic terminologies explained in Ayurveda.
- AYURVEDIC NUTRITION: The graduate will assess patient’s diet and recommend ayurvedic dietary plan for health and wellness.
- HERBAL THERAPIES: The graduate will select and recommend single herbs and their combination for health and wellness.
- AYURVEDIC THERAPIES: The graduate will recommend and perform basic Ayurvedic therapies for health and wellness.
- YOGA: The graduate will select and recommend yogic practices for health and wellness.
- HEALTH PROMOTION AND DISEASE PREVENTION: The graduate will recommend Ayurvedic diet, lifestyle plan for health promotion and disease prevention.
- AYURVEDIC THERAPIES: The graduate will apply business principles to develop and manage wellness practice.