Prepare for Your New Career as a Massage Therapist!
Provide Holistic, Natural Healing to Your Clients.
Combine SCU's quality education and your passion for helping people live healthier lives to expand your career opportunities. Learn the ancient art of healing with your hands as you advance your future. Earn the gratitude of your clients as you change their quality of life by providing non-invasive, non-pharmaceutical wellness care.
Improve your massage techniques on real patients through clinical rotations as you work in a truly integrative health care facility alongside Chiropractors, Acupuncturists, and Ayurvedic Practitioners in our on-campus, state-of-the-art Health Center. Experience the benefits of a career that provides greater flexibility and work/life balance – be your own boss, integrate your health care services with other medical professionals, or choose a soothing spa or resort setting.
Financial Aid is available for those who qualify, and no-interest payment plans are also available.
Call 562-902-3391 Today to Register!
Register now to join this rapidly growing field of healthcare professionals!* The skills you will learn in this program will prepare you to provide a variety of therapeutic massage techniques on areas affected by injury, stress and illness.
Course content includes:
- Essential Sciences Massage Techniques
- Theory and Practice Therapeutic Massage
- Fundamentals Massage Business Practices
- Bones, Joints & Muscles Ethics
- Kinesiology Advanced Sciences & Theory
- Biomechanics Special Populations
- Assessment Advanced Theory & Techniques
- Application Professionalism
- Complementary Bodywork
- Advanced Bodywork
All class sessions are held at SCU Campus Whittier, CA
SCU Offers a Night and Weekend Program.
Classes are offered
- Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday 5:00pm to 9:00pm.
- Saturday 9:00am to 5:00pm
- 750 hour program can be completed in 45 weeks
- Designed for working adults and college students
- Night and weekend module program format for working adults
- Possible advanced standing for current massage therapists
- Scientific-rich education
- High-level faculty credentials
- Clinic (hands-on) work begins after first 100 hours of coursework
- Federal loans available for qualified students
- No-interest payment plans available
- Graduates qualify to sit for the National Certification Exam through the NCBTMB & MBLEx
- Job Placement assistance
750 total hours of instruction that includes supervised clinical internship at the University Health Center.
A certificate of completion will be awarded to those students who complete all course requirements, including exams, practical sessions, and clinical internship rotations. Qualifies graduates to sit for the MBLEx and the National Certification Exam through the NCBTMB. Our program meets the requirements for the California State Massage Therapy Certification through the CAMTC.
Prospective students must submit a registration form, must possess a high school diploma or GED and attain the age of 18 at the start of classes.
If you are a licensed massage therapist, occupational or physical therapy assistant you may request a transcript evaluation to determine if you are eligible for advanced standing. You can upgrade your hours and skills to meet the National Certification Examination requirements.
All trimesters are cumulative and lead directly into the next. This is created as a continuous cohort model and thus the student can take time off during trimester breaks but must maintain progression through the program to graduate on schedule.
What Career Choices are Available to Graduates?
Upon graduation, you will be qualified to work as a Massage Therapist in places like:
- Build Your Own Business
- Acupuncture Offices
- Sports Medicine Clinics
- Orthopedic Offices
- Naturopathic Clinics
- Entertainment Industry
- Yoga Retreat Centers
- Cruise Ships
- Physical Therapy Offices
- Chiropractic Offices
- Pain Management Clinics
- Beauty salons
- Athletic Clubs
- Nursing Homes
Gainful Employment Disclosure
The U.S. Department of Education has established regulations requiring certificate and vocational programs at non-profit institutions that receive Federal student aid to meet specific standards to prepare students for gainful employment. Read more about the regulation in the Federal Register, Oct. 29, 2010.
Southern California University of Health Sciences is required to provide the following information on the Massage Therapy Certificate program in compliance with 34 CFR 668.6.
The Massage Therapy certificate program prepares students to become massage therapists.
- SOC code: 31-9011.00. Find out more about the Standard Occupational Classification (SOC) code.
- O*Net profile – The Occupational Information Network (O*Net) provides information on job tasks, knowledge required, skills needed, average national wages and more.
Massage Therapy Certificate
Program Level - Undergraduate certificate
Program Length - 11 months
Estimated Program Cost
How much will this program cost me?*
Tuition and fees: $10,905
Books: Approximately $200
Supplies: Most supplies are included in cost of tuition (including portable massage table) however, you are required to purchase sheets and scrubs which is approximately $200
On-campus room & board: not offered
*The amounts shown above include costs for the entire program, assuming normal time to completion. Note that this information is subject to change.
What financing options are available to help me pay for this program?
Financing for this program may be available through grants, scholarships, loans (federal and private) and institutional financing plans. The median amount of debt for program graduates is shown below:
Federal loans: *
Private education loans: *
Institutional financing plan: *
* Less than 10 graduates received loans. Median amounts are withheld to preserve the confidentiality of the loan recipients.
How long will it take me to complete this program?
The program is designed to take 45 weeks to complete. Of those that completed the program in 2012-2013, *% finished in 45 weeks.
*Less than 10 students completed this program in 2012-13. The number who finished within the normal time has been withheld to preserve the confidentiality of the students.
What are my chances of getting a job when I graduate?
The job placement rate for students who completed this program in 2012-2013 is *%.
* This institution is not currently required to calculate a job placement rate for program completers.