Prepare for Your New Career as a Massage Therapist!
Provide Holistic, Natural Healing to Your Clients.
Combine SCUs quality education and your passion for helping people live healthier lives to expand your career opportunities. Learn the ancient art of healing with your hands as you advance your future. Earn the gratitude of your clients as you change their quality of life by providing non-invasive, non-pharmaceutical wellness care.
Improve your massage techniques on real patients through clinical rotations as you work in a truly integrative health care facility alongside Chiropractors, Acupuncturists, and Ayurvedic Practitioners in our on-campus, state-of-the-art Health Center. Experience the benefits of a career that provides greater flexibility and work/life balance – be your own boss, integrate your health care services with other medical professionals, or choose a soothing spa or resort setting.
Financial Aid is available for those who qualify, and no-interest payment plans are also available.
Our next session begins Summer 2013. Call 562-902-3391 Today to Register!
Register now to join this rapidly growing field of health care professionals!* The skills you will learn in this program will prepare you to provide a variety of therapeutic massage techniques on areas affected by injury, stress and illness.
Course content includes:
- Essential Sciences Massage Techniques
- Theory and Practice Therapeutic Massage
- Fundamentals Massage Business Practices
- Bones, Joints & Muscles Ethics
- Kinesiology Advanced Sciences & Theory
- Biomechanics Special Populations
- Assessment Advanced Theory & Techniques
- Application Professionalism
- Complementary Bodywork
- Advanced Bodywork
All class sessions are held at SCU Campus Whittier, CA
SCU Offers a Night and Weekend Program.
Classes are offered
- Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday 5:00pm to 9:00pm.
- Saturday 9:00am to 5:00pm
- 750 hour program can be completed in 12 months
- Designed for working adults and college students
- Night and weekend module program format fro working adults
- Possible advanced standing for current massage therapists
- Scientific-rich education
- High-level faculty credentials
- Clinic (hands-on) work begins after first 100 hours of coursework
- Federal loans available for qualified students
- No-interest payment plans available
- Graduates qualify to sit for the National Certification Exam through the NCBTMB & MBLEx
- Job Placement assistance
750 total hours of instruction that includes supervised clinical internship at the University Health Center.
A certificate of completion will be awarded to those students who complete all course requirements, including exams, practical sessions, and clinical internship rotations. Qualifies graduates to sit for the MBLEx and the National Certification Exam through the NCBTMB. Our program meets the requirements for the California State Massage Therapy Certification through the CAMTC.
Prospective students must submit a registration form, must possess a high school diploma or GED and attain the age of 18 at the start of classes.
If you are a licensed massage therapist, occupational or physical therapy assistant you may request a transcript evaluation to determine if you are eligible for advanced standing. You can upgrade your hours and skills to meet the National Certification Examination requirements.
All trimesters are cumulative and lead directly into the next. This is created as a continuous cohort model and thus the student can take time off during trimester breaks but must maintain progression through the program to graduate on schedule.
What Career Choices are Available to Graduates?
Upon graduation, you will be qualified to work as a Massage Therapist in places like:
- Build Your Own Business
- Acupuncture Offices
- Sports Medicine Clinics
- Orthopedic Offices
- Naturopathic Clinics
- Entertainment Industry
- Yoga Retreat Centers
- Cruise Ships
- Physical Therapy Offices
- Chiropractic Offices
- Pain Management Clinics
- Beauty salons
- Athletic Clubs
- Nursing Homes