What can I do with a Doctor of Chiropractic Degree?
The Doctor of Chiropractic (DC) degree at the Southern California University of Health Sciences' (SCU) Los Angeles College of Chiropractic (LACC) is granted upon successful completion of our challenging curriculum. The curriculum emphasizes professional competencies rather than academic subjects. Students participate in a variety of learning exercises that focus upon the individual as a self-directed learner. Although students continue to participate in lectures and laboratories, they also spend substantial time in other learning activities, including standardized patient experiences. The end result is a confident, capable, success-oriented Doctor of Chiropractic who is poised to satisfy the need for highly-skilled Complementary and Alternative Medicine (CAM) providers – a demand that is on the rise.
This career is ideal for individuals who are looking for a profession in which they can serve their communities, provide for their families, and find self-fulfillment. There is demand for Doctors of Chiropractic who have interest in working with underserved populations. Other opportunities include specialty training through full-time post-graduate residencies or weekend seminar series that can lead to eligibility for Specialty Board Certification in areas such as: Diagnostic Imaging, Sports Medicine, Orthopedics, Neurology, Nutrition, Family Practice, Pediatrics, Rehabilitation, etc.
- Private Practice (joint or solo)
- Multidisciplinary Health Centers
- Wellness Centers
- Chiropractic College Faculty and Administration
- Complimentary and Alternative Medicine Universities
- Sports Team Physician and Trainer
- Veterans Administration Hospitals
- Pain Centers
- Private and Community Hospitals
- Health Insurance Companies
- Corporate Health
- Worker's Compensation Doctor
- Clinical Researcher
Professional Associations and Affiliated Organizations
- American Chiropractic Association (ACA): www.amerchiro.org
- International Chiropractic Association (ICA): www.chiropractic.org
- California Chiropractic Association (CCA): www.calchiro.org
- Federation of Chiropractic Licensing Boards (FCLB): www.fclb.org
- National Board of Chiropractic Examiners (NBCE): www.nbce.org
- National Center for Complementary and Alternative Medicine: www.nccam.nih.gov